|I make a lot of jellies and jams the old fashion way, from scratch, but this very simple recipe makes one of my favorite jams to eat.
- 2 cups crushed strawberries (1 qt of fully ripened fresh strawberries)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 box Sure - Jell or other fruit pectin
- 3/4 cup water
1. Wash fresh strawberries then drain well. Slice strawberries into desired size.
2.. Mix strawberries and sugar thoroughly, then set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Stir Sure-Jell/fruit pectin with water in saucepan and bring to a boil allowing to boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Stir two mixes together until sugar is completely dissolved and is no longer grainy (about 3 minutes). Pour contents into plastic containers and cover. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in freezer (thaw in refrigerator) or refrigerator.
Makes about 5 one-cup containers of jam.